*All donations are tax-deductible.
Currently we are seeking substantial funding to implement 2 important programs to our community that not only will benefit dogs, it will allow people the solution to come off of the streets and beaches of our island home. They can finally seek refuge and safety WITH their dogs.
- Our kenneling system will be the first-of-it's-kind with safety and hygiene as it's priorities. The systems will go into place at partnering homeless shelters and will be maintained and managed by K9 Kokua. Our clients' (the dogs) owner's will continue being their dog's constant caregiver as we provide this solution and guidance as they transition in a parallel program. This will enable more people to accept shelter, as many of them view their dog as family and would not give their dog up. Their dog has stood by them and for many, has been the only source of constant stability in their lives.
- Ilio Hale will be the first program in our state that offers specific assistance and resources to dogs affected by domestic violence (dv). According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, up to 40% of domestic violence victims are unable to escape their abusers because they are concerned about the welfare of their pets when they leave. The American Humane Association reports 71% of pet-owning women entering women’s shelters reported that their batterer had injured, maimed, killed or threatened family pets for revenge or to psychologically control victims. We will provide safe and confidential holding of the victim's dog, medical care, and behavioral training support while the owner accepts assistance through a shelter. Many of the dogs come out behaviorally unscathed but for some, they have a hard time recovering from the trauma and need proper guidance to regain confidence.
Donations of Supplies:
- Dry Dog Food, Canned Dog Food (Puppy, Adult, Senior)
- Collars, Leashes, Cable Tie-Outs
- Linens (old shirts,towels,sheets,blankets)
- Flea and Tick Shampoo (we pour smaller amounts into recycled bottles to give out for each dog)
- Misc. Medical Supplies for the First-Aid Kit (neosporin, gauze, roll gauze, tape, butterfly bandages, iodine, alcohol swabs, hot spot treament, dewormer, muzzles, etc.)
- Treats, Toys, Kong
- Carriers or Crates (good condition ones to be used for safe transportation and by the Fosters while they are caring for a dog, older or chewed up ones will be given as dog shelters.We remove the door--we want it to be used only for shelter and not to be able to lock the dog in)
- We are humbly seeking a (non-metal) Storage Shed to safely store our supplies and keep the dog food pest-free.
- Click here for a link to our Amazon Wish List.
Donations of Time:
Have a fundraising yard sale, contribute your recycled items returns, have a car wash, organize a pet friendly hike or dog walk, etc...
Volunteer to be a transporter (vet visits, adoption events)
Lend your grant writing talents.
Get The Word Out! Tell all your family and friends about the dogs. Raising awareness is one of the most important things that we need.
Ask stores to contribute dog food, space for events, discounts for our adopters. (in the form of coupons,cards) and prizes for our fundraisers.
Monetary Donations for:
Spay and Neuter Or Mail to: K9 Kokua
Microchipping P.O. Box 2471
Preventative Care Waianae, Hi
Emergency Medical Care 96792